Monday, April 7, 2008

Almost there...

On vacation that is. I think my mind is already there though...go figure.

Things are good, not too stressed out (DH is) and just getting things completed for our trip.

This weekend...good. Got some gardening done...it was so beautiful this weekend. I was able to wear a t-shirt without being cold. I think I actually got a little color...just a little. Didn't get much packing done, but was able to go through my pregnancy and post-pregnancy clothes and pull out some capris and tops that I can wear to Vegas. Now I just have a pick a few, that don't look too huge, and pack them.

I can't believe how big I was when I was pregnant with Miss J. Ugh...I was HUGE!! I tried on some of the pants I wore and I swear...how did I get that big. Now I know I wore these in my 3rd trimester because it was July/August time frame...but wow. I can't imagine myself getting that big...but babies do crazy things to your tummy when they are growing inside.

On that same note...still haven't gained any weight. I know...I am not obsessing or "worrying" about it. Just weird when I was used to gaining a couple pounds a week, and now I have gone almost 6 weeks without anything. DH just says I am eating healthier and exercising. I know, I know...just weird to break that mental habit of thinking I need to be gaining weight. Guess I will be happy come my 3rd trimester and I have only gained 25 lbs...it will be much easier to move around and maybe I won't get carpel tunnel this time. That would nice.

So we were thinking about renting a car when we are in Vegas and taking a day trip to the Grand Canyon. I think it would be well worth the 10-hours of driving (5 each way) to see the spectacle. That is one place on my list of "places to visit in my lifetime". And since we are so close...why not. Now it is just what kind of car to rent. DH of course wants to splurge and rent a Vett or something. I would be content with a convertible of some kind. And to tell you the truth...with a couple hundred dollar difference, I would think the convertible would be plenty. Not that we have the extra money for a vett...but I think it is just "nicety" thinking.

The day trip would be fun, and it is not that much for a car rental for one day. I think we will reserve it though so the prices don't go up and so there is actually one available. That would save us some grief.

OK, enough rambling. But wanted to let you know we had a great weekend and that my spirits are up!! Thanks for your prayers and nice words of encouragement!! Love you girls!!

Have a great week!!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Definitely hit up the Grand Canyon. We went last summer and it was amazing!

Jodi said...

Oh, vacations! I would be jealous, had we not just planned one to go on in a few months! Woohoo! But, I am jealous that you're going to Vegas, I've never been. :o)

I've heard you don't gain as much with the second as you do the first. Yeah, so I wouldn't be worried...shoot, that's exciting! :o)

Have fun on your trip!

Emma's Mommy said...

Congrats on not gaining weight yet! I think that is pretty awesome actually. Especially if you are eating healthy and are excercising, the baby is getting everythingk he/she needs! Vegas here she comes!!!! Have fun and enjoy yourselves in your little convertible for the day.

Me said...

Yes, yes, yes. Go to the Grand Canyon. I went in 2002 and it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It totally makes you appreciate the beauty God has created. And I say splurge on the car! Have a great time in Vegas. I want to go back!

Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up and wishing you a wonderful vacation tomorrow. Have fun and relax... it'll be nice to have a babymoon while you are still feeling good. Me going anywhere at this point in my pregnancy wouldn't be fun for anyone!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I hope you guys have a great time!

Rachel said...

The Grand Canyon is gorgeous. You should go!

I am glad to read everything is going well with you! I have been MIA for so long it was nice to catch up!

Jenny said...

Like DH said, don't worry about the weight gain. Most of it will come later and hopefully like you said, it won't be too much!