Jack William
Finally...it is so funny how we went all around and back and forth for so long trying to pick a name. We were online yesterday trying to come up with middle names, mixing names up, seeing if there was anything else...ugh.
Finally, it came down to William John or Jack William. Funny, because William John was our very first boys name when we found out we were pregnant with Miss J. If she would have been a boy, he would have been William John (after my father and DH's father). But when we found out we were having a boy this time, that name was still in the running, but thought we would explore other options. And after 6-months of toiling over names, we came right back to it.
Jack, however, is a nickname for John. Jack is what DH's family called his dad (and also what JFK's family called him). And since I had issues with calling our son the same name that I called my FIL (just seemed odd to me)...we decided on Jack instead of John. I like Jack better anyway.
So, voila...Jack William P.
He is so beautiful...I cannot believe what a perfect little guy he is...ahhh...but all moms say that about their babies, don't they?!?!?
We have run into one little snafu that we ask for some prayer for. Jack has jaundice and his numbers are pretty high. We are staying in the hospital one more day so that he can be under the bili lights for 8-hours. Then they will recheck his numbers and hopefully we can go home tonight or tomorrow. Please just pray that his body processes all these blood cells and flushes them out so his numbers come way, way down and we can go home.
Miss J had jaundice when she was born also. Her numbers weren't as high, so they sent us home with a bili blanket light and checked on us a couple days later. Her numbers actually went up dangerously high so we had to bring her back to the hospital and she had to stay for 2-days under the lights until her numbers came down. It was a very scary experience for a first time mom, not really knowing what it was all about and seeing your 3-day old child under these lights and having to feed every 2 hours (supplementing some formula also) and staying overnight in the hospital again after you had just gotten home. I hated it...
So this time, when we heard his numbers were high, we agreed right away to get him on lights and stay here until his numbers came down. I was not going to take this lightly knowing how easily it can go to a no big deal situation to a very serious one.
So, we are still here. I am really ready to go home and sleep in my own bed and nurse in my own house!! But, one more day for the health of our baby boy will do for now. Only one day out of the rest of our lives...I can do that.
Other than that...things are wonderful. I am healing great. I feel great. I have been able to get some good sleep in the past two nights, 3-hour spurts that is, but I don't feel sleep deprived or out of sorts (yet). Jack is feeding great, my milk is slowly coming in. I get to pump to help supplement his feedings today, oooo, don't miss that too much!!
We are truly blessed with such a wonderful family. God is such a good God and we thank him for our son, our daughter, our supportive and loving family, supplying us with a name for our son...I could go on and on. I am feeling truly grateful today.
I will keep you up to date on Jack's progress with the jaundice. Thanks for your prayers.
20 comments:
I'll be praying for little Jack William. :) I love the name! I'm so happy for you! I hope you get to go home tomorrow, and spend lots of time alone, together, as a family of four!
I love his name. William has always been one of my favorites :-) I'll be praying for him (and you)that he improves swiftly and you are able to take him home and start being a little family of four. Can't wait to see his sweet face (and to see a picture of Josey being the BIG sister). Have a great weekend!!!
I love the name... so cute. I will be praying for you all.
I just adore his name. I am getting all teary eyed reading this. I hope you all get to go home soon!
Love the name - I will be praying for the numbers to come down and all to go very well!
I love that name. Jack is one of my favs.
I will say a little prayer that his jaundice clears up quickly and you can all go home healthy and happy.
Yay! A name!!! i think we might be in the same boat...we can't decide so I'm thinking she'll be born before we have a name! I love jack! It's cute!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the little man! What does miss j think of him??
I'll be praying that his levels come down tomorrow and you're able to get home to where you're comfy!!! Let us know!!
Yea Libby! I love the name =) Congrats to you & your gorgeous family & I will keep him in my thoughts :)
~Kristina
The name is GREAT!
Great name! I am hoping and praying that his numbers come down really soon and his jaundice decreases to a level that you can bring him home really soon! I know you are really looking forward to that day!! Hang in there!
Love the name! I'll be praying that his jaundice levels come down quickly so you guys can get home.
Love the name!
I hope you guys get to come home soon and begin your lives as a family of four!
I love the name! I hope that he begins feeling better so he can make it home. This may be weird, but since we are in the same city, let me know if you need anything! I can't wait to see pictures!
I hope that Jack is better and you are home now and adjusting well!
ooo - baby Jack!!! i love it. keeping you family in my thoughts until you are all safely home!!!
Congrats to you! Our laptop charger broke so I haven't been able to check blogs lately. I've been wondering if your little one had arrived yet. I'm thrilled to hear that everything went so great!
I love the name Jack!! Very cute!
I hope his jaundice goes away soon and u get to go home!! Can't wait to see pictures.
I was just checking to see if you all had been able to go home yet. Since you haven't posted, I will keep praying that all is well with little Jack and Miss Josey and that you are home and adjusting to being a family of four.
Congrats Libby!! I am so excited for you!! I love your little guy's name!! It was worth taking the time to pick something so special!!
I have been gone for a while, but it was so nice to catch up with your blog. I hope all of you are doing well and I can't wait to pop in regularly again!!!
Congrats again!!!
Renee
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. I have been a terrible blog-visitor lately. Looking forward to pictures!
Are you guys doing okay?! hope all is well i am sure you are sleep deprived ... just checking in on you!
Post a Comment