Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Weekends

It was a good weekend. And I am happy that this is a short week. That makes me smile. The weekend is almost here again.
There has been so much going on, I don't know what to talk about. There have been so many thoughts that I say..."hey, that would be a good topic to talk about"...but then never get around to blogging about it. So, this might be all over the place.

We had a good Memorial day weekend. DH was able to leave work early on Saturday (about 2pm) and then he had both Sunday and Monday off with me. That was nice to have him around. Unfortunately, he had a different idea of what he wanted to do for the weekend than I did. I really wanted to get some gardening done...he wanted to cut the bushes. And I told him that we really needed to get some general maintenance done on our yard (which would take most of the weekend) and that the bushes would have to wait because that would take an entire weekend in itself. And we couldn't do both. So, he took that as then he had the weekend to do nothing...since he couldn't trim the bushes. Um, I could use some help with the yard. Pulling weeds, putting down mulch, getting the patio set up. He got a bit fussy and so I told him then that he could watch Jos and I would plant flowers and do the gardening stuff. That worked. And I got some stuff done.

Jos, however was a pill all weekend. Just plain cranky, didn't want to nap or sleep much and was just cranky about everything. We think it is because she isn't sleeping well at night again. Since she sleeps on her tummy (like child's pose in yoga), and since she can sit up and stand up on her own, she will sit up in her sleep and then wake up and be scared because she didn't know how she got there. So then she will cry until we go in, put the bink back in her mouth, and lay her back down. Well, she is doing that a few times a night, plus being up at 5am. So, I am exhausted, so I bring her in with us at 5am and sleep for another hour or so. Needless to say, the P's are pretty cranky overall with how little sleep they have been getting. Luckily, last night she slept through the night, and even slept in until 7am. That was a nice break...but has me craving more sleep still.

Monday was good too, we went to a pancake breakfast with my mom and then Jos had her first parade. I think she liked it...course, she loves people watching...so that could be it too. I will post some pictures, it was fun.

This Saturday, I am going up to a Spa with some girls for a bachelorette get together for a girlfriend of mine. I am just getting a pedicure and will have some hotub/sauna time. I was going to opt for a massage, but they are like $160. Uh, no thanks. A pedicure for $75 will have to do. But I think it will be fun no matter what. I have not seen this girlfriend of mine since I was 8 months pregnant. She got engaged in January and is getting married in a couple of weeks. That is about how much time we planned our wedding in. And I would do it again in a second...I like short engagements. So, I am looking forward to all the details of the engagement and planning and future...it will be fun.
Here are some pics just to post...







9 comments:

JandM said...

Look how adorable Jos is! She's getting to be a big girl...cruising along now! Sounds like she may be hitting some big motor milestones. Maybe that's the reason for the sleep pattern changes. Always happened to Little E as different developmental milestones approached.

Hope you have a wonderful time at the spa! You deserve it:)

Kristen Miller said...

What great pictures! Jos is such a cutie!

The spa day with the girls sounds great. You will have tons of fun being pampered and catching up with your friends.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been getting much sleep lately--hopefully that won't last long!

Those pictures are just adorable. I love little girls in their Sunday dresses--too cute!

Rachel said...

She is too cute! What great pics.

I feel you on not sleeping. Lucas does not want to be put down. So when he put down to sleep during the day or at night is crying until you pick him up again. I am so sleepy!

I am going private with my blog. If you would like to be added my email address is rachelweinberger@nicholasvillepediatrics.com. Let me know and I will add you!

audreybreier said...

A spa day sounds so nice!! I hope to have one of those soon!

The pictures are so cute! I can't believe how big she's getting. She's just adorable!

Mrs. T2 said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep!! Maybe last night was a sign that Josie is falling back into her regular sleep pattern again.

The pictures were just adorable and I love her rosie cheeks!!

Enjoy getting your toes done!!!

erin said...

Your pictures are great! She's really a cutie. :)

Sorry to hear about the crankiness--hopefully you'll all be able to sleep more soon.

Enjoy your spa day--that sounds like a lot of fun!

Blessings,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the spa! You deserve it after how cranky Josie has been lately. I'm sorry to hear that! I know how exhausting that can be.

I love that picture of you and Josie. She looks just like you!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!! I'm sorry I'm always MIA- Miss J is getting so big & beautiful :) I totally love that picture of the 2 of you- what great smiles!! :) Let me keep catchin up on your blog here!