Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday

Hey, quick update...

Miss J is better, she was able to go back to school on Thursday, after a doctors note and after 24hrs of no illness. Then, lo and behold, mommy got it Thursday afternoon. Ugh...just the intestinal part, no vomiting. But I did have a low grade fever. Needless to say, I was sick until late yesterday...feeling a bit better today. Great diet...lost 5lbs over the weekend!! Wasn't my plan, really wanted to use exercise and eating healthy...but I guess this kick started it!

So hopefully the P's are done with this stuff now. No fun being sick and taking time off of work and school and doc appts and drugs...

Awhile back someone asked me what homemade baby food cookbook I am using. Honestly, the one I used with Miss J I borrowed from a coworker and had to give it back. So I thought I had found its replacement at a resale place awhile back and since I have been using it I know it is not the same...don't like it so much. So, I found the one I borrowed and used with Miss J on Amazon for like 2$ and 4$ shipping...so I will post it because it is awesome and so easy and gives small portion sizes (rather than boiling up an entire bag of potatoes) plus gives microwave tips...which is how I did everything.

Mommy Made and Daddy Too! (Revised): Home Cooking for a Healthy Baby & Toddler

I make medium sized batches, then put them into ice cube trays (1oz servings) freeze them, and put the cubes into zip lock bags and freeze...then take out the cubes as I need them and nuke them or whatever...E-Z

My tip for the day...have a great Monday.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I made a lot of homemade baby food with Chloe and I hope to do so again with this #2. I will have to check out that book-thanks for the tip!

C-Rah said...

That sounds like a good idea, considering all the crap some companies must be putting in their baby food.